Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stepping Into A Stalker

Thursday night was my first step class. For some reason there are tonnes of drop in step classes at the rec centre and when I tried to take a beginner drop in, I fumbled so horribly I never returned. So I decided to sign up for a beginners class. Oddly enough, I was the most co-ordinated out of our group. I had to stop myself from looking at some people or else I'D loose track of where we were suppose to be. So anyway, it's just a quickie type class, there's only four, and it was SUPER super cheap. I'm also taking another beginners spinning class (masochist yes) and a badminton class in November with Jordy. I'm really looking forward to it (except for spinning-YUCK!).

While we were warming up at our first step class, one of the participants showed up late. She looked so familiar, then I realized it was a lady who also had signed up for the same spinning class as me in the summer but was cancelled. We had gotten to talking and had found out that she also had a baby a month after me. I was very excited about this and it was all I could do to stop myself from pouncing on her and demanding that she become my friend! Anyways, she seemed friendly, blah blah and for the entire step class I was trying to remember her name. Jeanie? Joan? Jeanette! Then while I should of paid attention to the names of the moves we were learning I was divising a plan in my head on how I should talk to her. Should I just go up to her after class and re-introduce myself? Would that be weird? Would she even remember me? How do I NOT come across as a stalker? At the end of sweating (and thanks to childbirth a lot of farting) my butt of in class, I went up to her and said, "Jeanette, right?" and she responded with "You look familiar". This was a good sign. I proceeded. We chatted out to our cars. That was about it. I asked how her daughter was, she asked how mine was. Ended with a "see ya next class" and that was it. I AM SO PITIFUL. And really kinda feeling desperate also. I'm not sure where to go from here. Keep up with the small talk? Try to be chatty? But where do I draw the line? I don't want to be on her like a moth to a flame and freak her out. I suck at this so bad. I know I'm putting WAY too much thought into this but I have to be careful that I don't reek too much like desparation and scare her off. I need to devise another plan. Back to my lair.

1 comment:

goodurs said...

if you are looking for some advice on this, i have some. if you're not...i still have some, but won't offer it. :o) let me know!