Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Breaking the Ice

I plan on doing this in two different situations. #1-Tomorrow night at Step class (my body is still sore-is that possible?) and #2 With my grade 2 class next Friday when I start my practicum. In class tonight we all received our final placements and luckily I have mine in the school where I worked last year with a teacher who is amazing. I'm looking forward to learning lots from her. My teacher tonight mentioned that we may want to start thinking of a way to introduce ourselves to the students. It may help them with the transition of having a "second" teacher and help build relaitionships. I honestly never gave any thought to it before, I was so busy focusing on lesson plans and the such. I am stumped. I am thinking of reading a book. A fun book, that is light and hopefully funny. I kinda want to focus on reading. I've always loved it and would like to pass that enthusiasm onto kids. I was thinking of doing an activity with them around the book, something oral and light also. ASk questions about it and tie it into my intro. I dunno. Anyone have any good suggestions for books or otherwise?

No comments: