Wednesday, August 15, 2007

All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth

Isabel has teeth. Two to be exact. On the bottom. And I think that they are fangs because they are sharp as razors. Ask my nipple. Or where my nipple used to be...ouch! Well it feels like she's going to rip it off. 5 more months of this, I dunno. Is breastfeeding REALLY that much better? hmmm....

Right now the two teeth are just poking out of her gums and they are hurting her so much. Two night now she's woken up, screaming in pain. I gave her a bit of tylenol last night and that seemed to help. It was so sad, I was up with her for about an hour, had fed her twice and she still wasn't happy. At this point I definately knew it was the teeth causing this normally happy, fun loving little girl into my sad, weepy, screaming ball of sweat. I gave her to Jordy to hold as I was going to go downstairs and get the tylenol and she reached out her arms towards me and screamed louder and harder. It broke my heart. She wanted her mommy and nobody else. I will admit, it did feel nice to know that she wanted me and was choosing me to comfort her but I felt helpless. Sure I could hold her and rock her and sing to her but I couldn't make the pain go away. It really does kill you when your child is hurting and you can't do anything. Now,I know if this was happening to anyone else, I would be saying "but holding her DOES help and it DOES make her feel better" and blah blah blah but when it is actually happening to you it's hard to see that. You just feel. And we both felt sad together.

No comments: