Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse

I am so fed up with SFU I must vent or I will burst. The students in my program have been divided into two campuses. One is Burnaby, one is Surrey. I work for Burnaby but live in Surrey. I was really hoping that I would go to the Surrey campus because being on mat leave, it is closer for me and because I am still breastfeeding this will be easier for my daughter as well. At the orientation in June it was revealed who would be at which campus. I found out I was to be at Burnaby. The teachers said that if where we were placed was a problem they would do their best to switch us. I was the first to ask and gave my reason why. They said they would do their best. That's fine. If I'm at Burnaby so be it, if I'm at Surrey, super! I've made my preference and it's out of my hands.

Fast forward to a month later. I am suppose to register for my classes at the end of July. There is a diferent registration number for the two campuses. I am a bit worried because I have not heard yet from my teacher whether my request was granted or not. So I email and explain my situation again. I'm thinking this will be better for all those involved if this is taken care of BEFORE I register, so things don't become confusing and messy. A week later I receive an email from the Admissions office saying that she has gone ahead and registered everyone into their class. I double check this and my account says Surrey campus. So I'm thinking my teacher gave the okay for the campus switch. Nothing more to worry about.

WRONG.

I received an email back yesterday from the teacher I emailed a month prior to say that I am not on her list for the Surrey campus, I should double check with the other teacher. I emailed her back saying I will and explained the email that I received from Admissions. I then emailed the other teacher, whom I heard from today stating that he is away at the moment but when he returns will be contacting me to discuss the situation and then informed me that EVERYONE in the program was registered for the Surrey campus.

WHAT-THE-FUCK?!

I am so fed up with this disorganization. What if I never emailed anyone in the first place. I would've gone to the wrong campus for the first class and looked like a total dork! Not only that why haven't they made a decision yet about me changing campuses? How hard is it to look and see, "Oh yes there's room" or "Oh sorry, we can't". Seriously! I kind of would like to know where my class is when I go to school in the next 4 weeks. This seems to be the theme for SFU:disorganized. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on, everyone you talk to has a different answer and I feel like they just don't give a rat's ass. I paid my $100 deposit April 30 and it still says that I owe $100 on my account. I phoned twice about it in May and June and was told it takes awhile for the computer to adjust. 3 months? Come on. I know I should be grateful and thankful and blah blah blah that I'm getting to go to school for my so-called dream job but at the cost of my sanity? It had better not be 16 months of this crap!

2 comments:

goodurs said...

i thought this was izzy's blog. you're cheating. :op mwah hah hah!

Danielle said...

since she is unable to type at this point I will determine the content that goes on this blog!!!