Sunday, August 12, 2007

Success!

I made my first meal tonight. You're probably thinking "big whoop", but it was to me. I made a chicken bruschetta bake and asparagus with a cheese sauce. It was my first time eating asparagus and it wasn't that bad. Even Jordy ate it all up. Actually it was all quite filling and not that bad in weight watchers points. So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, in my start to eating healthier. I was also going to puree up some asparagus for Izzy, but read that I should wait until she's a wee bit older as it's a harder veggie for her tummy to digest. But my mom gave me some cucumber fresh from her garden and I'm going to remove the seeds from them and mash it up for Izzy. It'll probably be refreshing for her on a hot day. My dad is also giving me some beets out of the garden to for her. Beets are a vegetable however that I simply cannot eat. I've been forced many times, as my parents LOVE it, but it is utterly disgusting to my palette. So instead I'll force it upon Isabel. Well, I'll let her try it and if she doesn't like it than she doesn't have to eat it. Next on the list is green and yellow beans and cheesy mashed potatoes. YUM!

2 comments:

goodurs said...

is she already on to dairy? jesus.

i am very proud of you... well done,and welcome to the world of vegetables, you just might like it here. :o)

Danielle said...

And if I don't I can always wash them down with a big ol' glass of milk.