Tuesday, August 7, 2007

World Traveller

Okay, okay, I guess you couldn't call Isabel a world traveller (yet) but going to Machete and East Barriere is pretty good thus far. Last month Jordy, Izzy, myself and my parents went up to the cabin at East Barriere Lake. This was Izzy's first vacation and she really enjoyed herself. So much so, she refused to sleep. She felt it was necessary to stay up and see EVERYTHING! I'm surprised she didn't strain her neck looking around so much. I think she's going to be an outdoorsy person. She loves it when we go for walks and especially when we stop in the park to play on the swings and chillax under the trees. She was the same at the cabin. I think her favourite part was going in the lake and trying to catch all of her rubber duckies with dad. Her least favourite part was putting on the life jacket. Her body went stiff as a board and she howled.

This past weekend our family went up to Machete Lake. Lots of mosquitos but oddly enough they weren't pestering me as much as they usually do. They were loving mom and Jordy. We did lots of fun things like go for a walk in the forest and look at wild flowers and trees, went for a barge ride along the lake and we saw a doe and eagles. We also had a baby chipmunk come visit us from time to time and we kept feeding it peanuts. Max wanted to prove his worthiness by barking at it and chasing it all around the woodpile. Later on the chipmunk came back and gave Max a piece of its mind. I think Isabel's favourite part of this trip was sitting with grandpa on the porch and watching the whiskeyjacks swoop down and pick up the pieces of bread we left out on the balcony. Her least favourite part was the same as last trip. Except this time she didn't scream the entire time she had it on. She just sat on mom's lap, stiff as a board. I think she thought she couldn't move her body. Her arms and legs were sticking straight out and she only moved her eyes back and forth, it was as if she was paralyzed. Whenever she saw myself or Jordy she let out a scream to let us know how she felt about being in that life jacket.

I have to say, I really enjoyed spending time with my family and had a good time but travelling with a 6 and a half month old is very tiring. It's also a long way to go for her too, which isn't easy. In two and a half weeks we are going to Penticton and back up to East Barriere, so maybe by then I'll be better organized or something. All I hope is that Izzy has a good time.

**Editor's Note: Pictures are still waiting development due to finacial issues. They will be posted on facebook shortly**

No comments: