Sunday, June 17, 2007

Soul Cleansing

Tonight I had enough of my messy, unorganized kitchen, so I decided to take everything out of the cupboards and clean and junk and organize. I quickly was in over my head. In two years I accumilated so much useless stuff, mainly by the way, have been given to me by both my mother-in-law and my mom. I say NO MORE! I am boycotting the hand me downs of useless junk! If you don't have a place for it the liklihood of me having a place for it is nil! Actually my mother-in-law is quite good at being sneaky about dropping things off. All of a sudden there'll be a stack of styrofoam plates on my counter or an entire angel food cake in my fridge and I don't even remember inviting her over....FREAKY! So I need to be on the lookout.

Because of this sudden de-junking, I have also decided we are going to have a garage sale. Last year our complex had an "everyone participate" garage sale and I loved that idea. The only reason why we didn't participate was because it fell on the same day as a friend's wedding. So I was really hoping they'd do it again this year. Looks like a no. So I'm taking it upon myself to do one. And making some cash is also nice. Even if we only make $50, I'll be happy. We can go out for dinner or buy Izzy some more toys (that she can either ignore or stick in her mouth). I have to say though, even though my kitchen table is a mess with piles of stuff we're planning on selling, it feels good to have extra space and a very CLEAN kitchen.

No comments: